Thursday, February 7, 2013

Here Is My Story

So...here i am with a new blog dedicated to becoming a healthier me. I have been a smaller person my entire life up until the last 6 or so years. From that point, my weight has flucuated up and down. I have been on many different diets and exercise plans that i would stick to for a while and then fall off the wagon. But that is SO easy to do! It happens to a lot of people who do it. I have no idea why i have not just stuck to a healthier way of eating and routine exercise. Well, let me back up. I know kind of why...i am a mother that works full-time, tries to manage sports (with a husband that coaches/referees and a son that plays sports) and has a 2 year old to take care of as well. I am the type of person that ALWAYS puts everyone else first and if there is any time left for me, well...that time is usually not used for me. I am trying to learn to take a little time out for myself as well. I am totally motivated to do what i need to do to get back to a healthier weight and live a healthier life but i just cannot seem to make it happen at home. Our life is always busy and i do not foresee that changing anytime soon so i am going to have to take advantage of any extra time that i can find in order to exercise. I really only need about 45 minutes to an hour/day to get it done (and more if time allows). I know why i am "fluffier" and i am going to change that. I like to hang out with friends and have drinks and have a good time but i am going to have to find a lighter/skinnier drink to have on those occasions.
As far as food goes, i really do NOT like sweets. I never really have. I will eat an occasional chocolate chip cookie here and there on rare occasions. I do not eat cake nor cupcakes at birthday parties. I have no craving for them whatsoever! I know that is a positive thing for me. I have changed the fact that we used to eat almost every dinner out and am so thankful that we have changed that. I buy healthier things to fix at home but do love potatoes and pasta. I enjoy a number of different vegetables but would love to learn to like more. The one thing that i need to work on is eating fish. I do NOT like really any kind of fish...they taste "fishy" to me. I am trying to get over that because it is good for you. I could probably eat shrimp daily though!
Exercise is something that i do not just love to do. But, when i do it consistently, i feel so much better and am such a happier person. I do enjoy running. It totally clears your mind and makes everything seem better. The first foot out the door is the hardest step and then it all just falls into place. But, i am going to change it!!
Here is my motivation picture...
The girl to the far left is my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment